Cauliflower is packed with antioxidants and vitamins without the fat that other foods have. We highlighted how it is packed with vitamin C, but did you also know it is very low in fat and has no cholesterol. One of the best things about consuming this cruciferous vegetable is that it has several anti-cancer phyto-chemicals that fight against various cancers, including breast cancer and prostate cancer. It helps to block the growth of the cancer-cells. This Mexican Rice recipe is a comfort food. It has the consistency for rice that we all crave now and again, with a little kick of spicy. It serves as a great side that adds flare to any meal.
12 ounces fire roasted tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1 head of cauliflower
1/3 cup coconut oil
4 minced garlic cloves
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, minced
3 tbsp lime juice
4 oz green chiles (mild)
1/4 tsp chili powder (optional)
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Rice the cauliflower in a food processor.
2. Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat.
3. Add the garlic and onion. Cook until fragrant. (About 2 minutes)
4. Add the cauliflower and gently stir until begins to lightly brown.
5. Add spices and stir the cauliflower until it looks golden.
6. Add the tomatoes, chicken broth, and turn the heat up to medium high.
7. Bring the mix to a boil then turn the heat to low and cover the pan with a lid.
8. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Once fluffy, remove from heat and add cilantro and lime.