So Valentine’s Day is coming up. One of the things that always makes me think of the day is strawberries. Who doesn’t love strawberries? AND who doesn’t want to try to grab a little bit of summer when you are in the middle of winter. Except those of us here is SoCal, where is it still 75 degrees and sunny… per usual.
Anyways, if you are looking for the perfect dessert to WOW your sweetie, this is it. It is super simple, yet packs an amazing look. The ultimate romantic dessert. Red with passion and sweet with desire.
Yellow Cake Mix
2 cups almond flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/3 cup coconut oil
2/3 cup honey
1 tbsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup coconut milk
Coconut Whipped Cream
1 cup full fat coconut milk (refrigerate overnight)
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine the wet ingredients in a small bowl. Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Slowly add the wet to the dry and mix.
3. Pour cake mix into either one long 15.2 inch x 10.1 inch x 1.9 inch cake pan or 2- 9 inch round pans.
4. If using the long pan, bake for about 25 minutes. If using the round pans, bake for about 15-20 minutes. A toothpick in the center should come out clean.
5. Allow the cake to cool completely.
6. While the cake is cooling, mix the ingredients for the whipped cream in a bowl. Careful when opening the coconut cream and just scoop the thick coconut cream off the top. (Discard the water left at the bottom, or save for a smoothie later.)
7. Rinse strawberries and cut off the tops.
8. Chop into small chunks.
9. Layer the cake, strawberries and whipped cream in your glass. I chose a martini glass. Start with cake on the bottom, add strawberries on top so the juices can soak into the cake, and top with a layer of whipped cream.
10. Garnish with a whole strawberry one top. ENJOY!