Everyone gets tired of the same old breakfast every day, week after week. So why not switch it up once and a while and indulge in something like bagels. These bagels are, as always, made gluten free and dairy free. They are made with almond flour, which is a good source of fiber and protein. They are also free of coconut anything, so those who have an aversion to it.
2 cups almond flour
4 tbsp arrowroot powder
1 tbsp baking powder
2/3 cup water
2 tbsp honey
1 ½ tsp salt
1. Preheat donut maker.
2. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Add wet ingredients and combine.
4. Add 1 tbsp of batter to donut maker and allow to cook for about 3 minutes. Flip the bagel and cook for another 2 minutes.
SO, a little bonus to spread on top: Some Garden Veggie Spread
1 cup cashews, soaked overnight
1/4 red bell pepper, finely chopped
3 baby carrots, finely chopped
3 broccoli florets – finely chopped
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 ground pepper
1/2 tsp sea salt
1. Soak cashews in water overnight. Drain except 2 tbsp water. Add to blender and blend until smooth.
2. Add veggies and blended cashews in a bowl.
3. Add spices and mix well.
4. Refrigerate until ready to serve.