I love cereal. It’s quick and easy for breakfast in the morning. Plus, it fills me up. But cereals contain some nasty things for your gut healthy. So, I have made my own recipe. It is great with coconut milk, if you want something a little sweeter or almond milk, if you want a more neutral taste. This recipe is a great replacement for granola. I typically add some fruit, like a handful of raisins or half of a sliced banana.
1 cup raw sunflower seeds
1 1/2 cup almond meal
3 cups shredded coconut
4 cups sliced or slivered almonds
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup raw honey
3 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Combine dry ingredients in large bowl
3. Melt coconut oil. Mix wet ingredients.
4. Pour wet ingredients on top of dry and mix well.
5. Spread mixture in a thin layer on a baking sheet.
6. Bake for about 30-35 minutes.
7. Store in an airtight container.