I know with the busy hustle and bustle of life everyone is always looking for quick meals or crockpot meals. The invention of the crockpot was pure genius! This Hawaiian BBQ Chicken is tender, sweet, and delicious! My homemade BBQ sauce recipe is at the bottom. If you have the time to prep ahead and make it, awesome! You can keep it in the frig on standby to use at another time. Otherwise, pick a BBQ sauce that is as natural as possible. If you read a label and you can’t pronounce something, or don’t know what it is, then put it back down… walk away slowly. Reading the label is the most important thing in choosing what to buy in the store.
4 chicken breasts
1 cup BBQ Sauce
1 cup cubed pineapple
1. Break out the crockpot, rinse chicken breasts, and layer in the bottom of crockpot.
2. Top with BBQ sauce so they are covered.
3. Pour cubed pineapple on top.
4. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours.
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
3 tsp paprika
1 tsp cumin
1 tbsp maple syrup
6 oz tomato paste
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
1 ¼ cup chicken broth
4 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp chili powder
1. In a saucepan on medium-high heat, mix all the above ingredients and blend until smooth.
2. Raise the cooking temperature until sauce starts to boil.
3. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes.