This past weekend I decided to make crepes. There are so many toppings and ways to make these! They are light, yet filling. When I have visitors here in SoCal, one of the places I like to take them is to a creperie. The place has great coffee and a wide variety of crepe options. Crepes can be sweet or savory. See below for some options to fill the inside.
½ cup coconut milk
½ cup almond flour
1 tbsp coconut flour
¼ teaspoon salt
½ tsp vanilla extract
Ghee, to grease skillet
1. Combine ingredients in a medium sized bowl and whisk together.
2. Heat a large skillet on medium high heat. Wait until it heats completely. Add a little ghee to grease the surface.
3. Pour batter into a large, thin circle. Allow to cook for about 1 ½ minutes, until the edges look cooked.
4. Carefully use a spatula to flip and cook the other side for another minute. Slide finished Crepe off skillet onto a plate.
5. Add filling of choice and fold. Serve.
There are a lot of filling options to enjoy with this recipe. Pictured is Banana Pecan. You can use a variety of fruits to make sweet crepes, or add scrambled eggs with bacon for something more savory. Toss a little ham and spinach in there and you have a lunch option too.
For the Banana Pecan, I combined maple syrup with sliced banana and crushed pecans. For strawberries and cream, combine sliced strawberries, 3 tbsp of full fat coconut milk cream, and 1 tbsp of honey.