This meal is quite versatile. It can either be an appetizer or a dinner. Plus, it’s quick. Total time was about 30 minutes. It’s great because you can make the sauce while the meatballs bake, so when they are done, dinner is done. Perfect, right?! So, let’s get right to it!
Sweet and Sour Sauce:
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
¼ tsp giner
2 tbsp honey
¼ cup apricot jelly (all-natural- read the label! I use Crofter’s Just Fruit Brand)
2 tbsp coconut aminos
1 tsp sesame oil
½ tsp arrowroot powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combined meatball mixture in a large bowl.
3. Make meatballs about the size of a golf ball and space evenly on the baking sheet.
4. Bake 27-30 minutes.
While the meatballs are baking, make the sauce:
1. Combine all the ingredients, except the arrowroot powder, in a small saucepan over low heat. Mix well.
2. Allow to simmer until it begins to boil. Add arrowroot powder. Mix.
3. Continue to boil, stirring occasionally, so that sauce will thicken slightly. The sauce will keep on low heat until meatballs are done.
4. Drizzle over top of meatballs.