My mom is the master of Ragged Robbins. Most people call them No Bake Cookies. I believe that she first learned to make them in home economics class. I always love getting these cookies in care packages from home. I was going through my recipes the other day and came across this one. The original is made with peanut butter and oatmeal. So I decided that I wanted to make a version that was grain free and with a healthier nut butter. So here is my spin on a childhood favorite!
No Bake “Ragged Robbins” Cookies
½ cup maple syrup
2/3 cup coconut milk
¼ cup ghee
4 tbsp cocoa powder
½ cup almond butter
4 cups shredded coconut
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1. Place a piece of wax paper on a table. Prep the almond butter in a measuring cup.
2. Add the first 4 ingredients on the list to a saucepan over medium heat. Mix well.
3. Bring to a rolling boil. Stir constantly, while boiling, for one minute.
4. Reduce heat to low, add almond butter, shredded coconut, and vanilla extract.
5. Stir to combine completely. Turn off heat.
6. Use a tablespoon to spoon batter on to wax paper.
7. Allow to cool until hard (at least 45 minutes). This can take a little longer, depending on how warm it is.