One of my favorite flavor combinations is Chocolate and Raspberry! I feel like the tart flavor of raspberries compliments the sweet flavor of chocolate. It may be silly, but I feel like I can eat more chocolate when it has raspberry in it somewhere. These chocolate cupcakes are light and the raspberry frosting is so creamy!
1 tbsp vanilla extract
2 tsp coconut flour
1/3 cup cocoa
2 cups almond flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup coconut oil
¾ cup honey
6 oz fresh raspberries
½ cup palm shortening
2 tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup honey
1 tsp lemon juice
1 can full fat coconut milk (refrigerated overnight prior to baking)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place cupcake liners in a cupcake sheet.
2. Mix wet ingredients for cupcakes in a large bowl. Add in dry ingredients. Use a hand mixer to make sure everything is combined well and smooth.
3. Fill cupcake liners about ¾ full.
4. Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes.
While the cupcakes are baking, or while they are cooling, make the raspberry frosting.
1. Place raspberries in food processor. Pulse until smooth.
2. Pour raspberries in a large bowl. Carefully open the can of full fat coconut milk and scoop the coconut cream off the top. (You can keep the coconut water at the bottom for a smoothie later.)
3. Add the rest of the frosting ingredients to the bowl.
4. Use a hand mixer to combine everything until smooth.
5. Place icing in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
6. Frost cupcakes. Top with an extra raspberry, for garnish.