Last October, we were sailing around the Mediterranean on a cruise. If you have ever been on a cruise before, you know that the dinners are quite exquisite in the formal dining room. This recipe was inspired by one of those dinners. I decided to put my own spin on the dish. It is the perfect soup for summer. This Strawberry Basil soup I have created is creamy and refreshing. It is the perfect start to a summer meal!
1. Blend coconut milk and strawberries in a blender until smooth.
2. With the blender on low, stream in lime juice and then honey.
3. Once everything is blended, add basil leaves. Blend on high.
4. Chill for about 2 hours before serving.
5. Garnish with fresh basil or fresh mint.