This popular Chinese dish is amazing! It is sweet yet savory. Serve it on top of some cauliflower rice for a truly authentic, yet healthier alternative Chinese take out experience.
1 1/2 lbs flank steak, sliced into thin strips
1/4 cup arrowroot powder, plus 1 tbsp
3 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp garlic, minced
1 tsp ginger
1/2 cup coconut aminos
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup molasses
3 tbsp palm sugar
1/2 cup green onions
1. Put ¼ cup arrowroot powder into a bowl and lightly coat each slice of beef, tapping off the extra.
2. Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add olive oil. Cook the strips of beef in batches until browned on both side. Set aside.
3. Heat coconut oil over medium heat until melted and hot. Add garlic and ginger. Sauté for 90 seconds, until fragrant.
4. Add coconut aminos and water and simmer for about 2 minutes.
5. Stir in molasses and palm sugar until dissolved. Add 1 tbsp arrowroot powder. Continue to simmer for another 5 minutes until sauce is thickened.
6. Add cooked beef and green onions and stir to coat. Continue to cook for another 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
7. Serve over cauliflower rice.