Okay… these are amazing!! If you read nothing else, other than the recipe, that’s all you need to know.
As I’ve stated before, I am more of a salty/savory snack kind of person. However, these were hard to put down! I also made these before my teenage cousins came into town last week. They were a hit as well, just like the lemon gelato. I honestly think this is one of my favorite treats now. They were sweet, but not over the top. I added a little bit of sea salt on the top and wow, perfection! I admit that I ate a few for breakfast the morning after I made them. Probably not the best way to start the day, but I couldn’t help myself. I don’t think that you will be able to help yourself either when you make them. I hope you enjoy this #treatthursday!
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 cup almond flour
½ cup dark chocolate chips – for inside
2 cups of dark chocolate chips – for outside
*optional: sea salt on top*
1. Combine the almond flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Fold in the ½ cup of dark chocolate chips. (I use Enjoy Life brand, mini chocolate chips.)
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
3. Use a cookie scoop, or a tablespoon, to scoop the dough into a ball. Roll the dough in between the palms to make it smooth. The size should be a little smaller than a ping pong ball. Place evenly on the baking sheet.
4. Place the tray of truffles into the freezer for 30 minutes.
5. Just a few minutes before removing the truffles from the freezer, in a small saucepan heat the 2 cups of dark chocolate chips on low heat. Allow the chocolate to melt slowly, stirring occasionally.
6. Once melted, remove truffles from freezer. Use a fork, or your fingers, to dunk the chocolate chip cookie balls into the melted chocolate. Swirl around to coat. Allow the excess to drip off. Place back onto the lined baking sheet. Continue until all are covered. (Optional: add a little bit of sea salt on the top)
7. Allow chocolate to cool/harden before serving. To speed up the process, place in the refrigerator for at least an hour.