A guilty pleasure of mine is lemon desserts. Sign me up for lemon dessert anything! Being a more salty/savory kind of girl, lemon is excellent because the tart taste of lemon helps to cut any super sweetness about a dessert. Whenever I decide to make something lemon, it makes it super hard for me to practice self control and not eat a whole dozen! I am proud to say that I only ate one of these! Go me! I dare you to make these and limit yourself to only one though.
Lemon Chiffon Cupcakes
5 egg whites – room temperature
¾ cup coconut milk
1 lemon, zested
¾ cup palm shortening
½ cup honey
2 ½ cup almond flour
1 tbsp baking soda
½ tsp sea salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp lemon extract
2 tbsp coconut flour
Lemon Buttercream Frosting
½ cup palm shortening
½ cup honey
1 lemon, zested and juiced
½ tsp vanilla
2 tbsp coconut cream
1 tbsp coconut flour
1 tbsp arrowroot powder
1. Separate egg whites in a bowl and allow to stand for 15 minutes to come to room temperature.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Stir to combine well.
4. Using a hand mixer, add wet ingredients.
5. Line cupcake pain with paper liners. Fill each ¾ full with batter.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
7. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
1. Using a hand mixer, combine all the frosting ingredients.
2. Scope into a baggie and close.
3. Place in refrigerator for approximately 30 minutes.
4. Once the 30 minutes is up, cut a small portion of the tip off the corner of the baggie.
5. Frost completely cooled cupcakes.
6. Use a little extra lemon zest to top.