This is another great crockpot recipe. It is reminiscent of a Philly Sandwich, minus the yucky bread and cheese. I am always looking to create new recipes that will be easy to make. Simple meals that are delicious and nutritious are what I think that we are all looking for. During the week, there aren’t many extra hours to put into making complicated things. This is one of those meals that comes out looking fantastic, but takes 5 minutes worth of prep and can cook while you are at work. Sometimes, I set my crockpot to cook overnight so that I have lunch ready for work in the mornings. The smell usually makes me super hungry in the mornings, but I love the smell wafting through the house.
2 tbsp ghee
½ cup onion, sliced into strips
2 green peppers, sliced into strips
1 lb chicken
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup olive oil
¼ cup water
2 tbsp parsley
1 tbsp basil
1 ½ tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tsp dill
2 tsp black pepper
1. Place ghee in bottom of crockpot.
2. Layer onion and green peppers on top of the ghee.
3. Place chicken on the top of the peppers and onion.
4. Add water around the chicken.
5. Pour oil on top of the chicken.
6. Add spices on top of the oil covered chicken.
7. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
8. Use a fork to shred the chicken.