Oh how I love fall!! The leaves changing, the crisp air, the boots!!! Those are some of the things that I miss most about the east coast.
For the bars:
4 large eggs
½ cup honey
1 can (15oz) pumpkin – BPA free lined can
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 ½ cup almond flour
2 tbsp coconut flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
2 tsp ground cinnamon
For the frosting:
1/2 cup palm sugar
2 tbsp coconut oil or ghee
1/4 cup coconut milk
1 cup palm shortening
2 tbsp arrowroot powder
2 tbsp honey
pecan halves – for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a large baking dish.
2. In a stand mixer or a large bowl with a hand mixer, beat together eggs, honey, pumpkin, and coconut oil until smooth.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and beat for another 2-3 minutes.
4. Pour batter into the baking dish. Use a spatula to even out.
5. Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.
1. In a small saucepan over low heat, combine palm sugar, 2 tbsp ghee/oil, and coconut milk. Whisk until palm sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and cool completely.
2. In a large bowl use a hand mixer to beat the palm shortening, honey, and arrowroot powder.
3. Pour in the cooled “butter pecan” mixture. Use the hand mixer to combine.
4. Place frosting in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
5. Frost the pumpkin bars with frosting. Top with pecan halves.