I saw a recipe on Pinterest that was similar to this one, but with white potatoes. I decided to give it a try with yams and a few other tweaks. It came out fabulous!! This is a great side dish for dinner. The outside of the yams are crispy, which makes me love them even more!
3 large Yams
3 strips of bacon
5 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp black pepper
1 tbsp thyme
1 tbsp parsley
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Use a mandolin slicer to make thin slices of the yams. (I used the 1/8” setting.)
3. In a large bowl, toss sliced yams in 4 tbsp of olive oil. Add half of the spices. Toss until the yams are coated.
4. In a round cake pan, stack the slices in a circle around the pan. Fill the inside of the circle with the extra slices.
5. Bake in the oven for 1 hour.
6. When there is about 15 minutes left, fry the slices of bacon in a skillet until about halfway done.
7. Remove the pan from the oven. Tear up the slices of bacon and place the pieces between the yams. Drizzle the last tablespoon of olive oil on top of the yams. Sprinkle the last half of the spices on top of the yams.
8. Place back in the oven to bake another 30 minutes. Serve.