1 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup chopped white onion
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup liquid aminos
3/4 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp arrowroot or tapioca starch
1/2 cup water, plus 2 tbsp (cold)
1/2 tsp ginger
Optional toppings: sliced green onions and sesame seeds
1. Add the chicken breasts to the bottom of your crockpot in a single layer
2. Top with the diced onions and minced garlic.
3. In a separate bowl, combine honey, liquid aminos, garlic powder, sesame oil, and ginger.
4. Pour on top of chicken. Cook on low for 4 hours.
5. Once the chicken is cooked, use a slotted spoon to remove the chicken and place in a bowl. Use a fork to shred the chicken.
6. Pour the sauce that is in the crockpot into a medium saucepan on low heat. Add 1/2 cup water.
7. In a small bowl, add 1 tbsp of starch choice. Add the remaining 2 tbsp of cold water, 1 tbsp at a time, to starch. Use a spoon to make s slurry. Add the slurry to the sauce.
8. Bring sauce to a boil. Allow to boil for about 5 minutes, until it thickens.
9. Remove from heat and pour over chicken. Stir/Toss to combine. Top with sesame seeds and sliced green onions.