This great, week night meal is pretty quick. I chose to use cilantro because well, I really love the flavor. However, cilantro does have some great health benefits, including being full of vital minerals and phytonutrients. It is great how herbs can help add so much nutritional depth to what we eat. This recipe is a great example of that with protein, good fats, and beneficial spices.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Butterfly the chicken breasts. Do this by slicing horizontally through the middle of the chicken breast, but do not cut all the way through.
3. In a skillet, heat the coconut oil on medium heat. Sauté garlic and onions until fragrant (just a few minutes). Add cilantro. Continue to sauté for two more minutes.
4. Stuff the chicken breasts with the mixture.
5. Top the chicken with the dried parsley and the black pepper.
6. Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes.