Yes, it is as amazing as it sounds. Banana Bread French Toast. You might be thinking, how did I come up with the idea? My inspiration came from a Girls Weekend to Palms Springs with my mom and cousin. The hotel that we were staying at had something similar as a dessert option. It was so amazing! I decided I wanted to make something similar, but Paleo.
You can make the Banana Bread prior to making this recipe. I made this loaf two nights before using it for this. My best friend Emily was coming into town and I kind of wanted to make a special breakfast for her. We do not get much time together since we live on opposite coasts. We really enjoyed our time together! We spent time in the sun at Mission Beach, got our sweat on at her brother’s new gym, 9 Rounds on Friars Road, and who can leave out Color Therapy & Wine.
3 tbsp honey
2 tbsp coconut oil, plus a little extra to grease the pan
1/2 cup coconut milk
3 large ripe bananas
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup almond flour
1 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use a little extra coconut oil to grease the sides of a loaf pan.
2. Combine wet ingredients in a medium sized bowl using a hand mixer.
3. Add in coconut flour, almond flour, and baking soda.
4. Bake in oven for 15-18 minutes.
Now, to turn this delight into French Toast!!
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 loaf banana bread
1. In a skillet, heat coconut oil on medium heat.
2. In a small bowl, scramble the eggs and add cinnamon.
3. Slice banana bread. Dredge the slices, front and back, in the egg wash.
4. Add to the skillet and cook on each side for about 3 minutes each.
Now, if you want to add some “caramelized” pecans to the top, here is how: In a small skillet on medium heat, add 1/2 cup of chopped pecans and 1/4 cup of maple syrup. Sauté until fragrant, about 5-7 minutes.