I was lovingly reminded the other day that I haven’t made a post in a while. So, I knew this weekend I had to remedy that. I have been running non stop for about three weeks now. Between PaleoFX in Austin, to a trip home to DC, to a trip to Los Angeles to visit my brother and his lovely new fiancé, it has been a whirlwind. Add all the demands of my day job on top of it, and it’s easy to see where my time has gone.
I decided to make a festive, summer dish. Although, the rain this past week has made San Diego feel more like spring. While the photo only has two chicken breasts, I assure you that this recipe is good for four. I didn’t want too many leftovers for the week.
On a side note, before getting to the recipe, you can now sign up to receive the Little Sprouts Kitchen Newsletter. Click the link to subscribe and get the latest updates! The newsletter will contain more than just the new recipes that are posted. So sign up now!
4 Chicken breasts or thighs
1/2 cup coconut milk
3 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp lime zest
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp coconut oil
1 tbsp shredded coconut
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Grease an oven safe dish with the coconut oil. I prefer to use my cast iron skillet.
3. In a bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, honey, half the spices, lime juice, and zest. Soak chicken breasts.
4. Once oven is heated, place chicken breasts into the dish. Pour the coconut milk mixture on top. Top chicken with remaining spices.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes. When there is about 2 minutes left on the cook time, sprinkle the top of the chicken with shredded coconut to toast it.