My week is typically made up of slow cooker meals. It truly is a life saver and helps me to stay on track with my nutrition goals. One of the sessions that I went to at Paleo Fx was about diet failure and why move more, eat less is bad advice. Hunger and decision fatigue are two of the large culprits of why diets fail. The article can be read here. It’s a great read. A slow cooker is a great way to make sure that you don’t suffer from decision fatigue when hunger sets in. Meal planning is another device that I use for making sure I stay on track. I highly recommend incorporating some slow cooker recipes into your weekly meal planning. It saves so much time and it’s so nice to have dinner ready and waiting when I get home in the evening.
This recipe is a spicy. So, if you are not a fan, cut back on the amount of jalapeno peppers, or omit all together. The chili powder will give it just enough of a kick to stay true to the taste of the recipe name.
1 lb of chicken thighs or chicken breasts
2 jalapeno peppers, sliced (remove seeds if you don’t want the dish to be spicy)
2 limes, sliced
1/3 cup lime juice
1/2 cup sparkling water
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1. Place chicken thighs in the bottom of the slow cooker. Top chicken with black pepper and garlic powder.
2. Pour in the lime juice and sparkling water on the sides.
3. Spread limes across the top of the chicken. Add jalapeno peppers.
4. Sprinkle the top with chili powder.
5. Cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 4. Discard limes and serve.