This is just a quick post to so share this recipe. Here is a new take on my classic kale chips recipe. It adds a little spice and is inspired by my cousin coming into town. I am in the process of making some great snacks for her arrival and wanted to share this one with everyone! Enjoy!
1 batch Cajun Spice Mixture:
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp oregano
½ tsp black pepper
½ tsp thyme
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, drizzle olive oil over pre-washed, torn kale.
3. Massage the kale for about 2 minutes. This will help evenly coat the kale with oil and sea salt. It will start to soften and will darken a little.
4. In a small bowl, combine the spices and mix well. Sprinkle about ¼ tsp at a time on top of the kale. Massage, and then add ¼ tsp more.
5. Lay out the pieces of kale on the baking sheet so that they do not overlap. Use a bit more of the Cajun spice to sprinkle over the top. (Depending on how large your baking sheet is, it might take two baking sheets to bake all the chips.)
6. Bake for 18-20 minutes.