While I was home over the holidays, my dad pulled out this recipe that I emailed to him in 2011, long before I ever started blogging. Back when I was first starting on my Paleo journey. The recipe was for Apple Sage Pork chops. It was like a blast from the past. I have not made this recipe in forever! I had completely forgotten about it. I was my dad’s sous chef while we made this together. It brought back a lot of old memories of growing up. I loved to be in the kitchen, even as a kid.
4-6 boneless pork chops
1 1/2 tsp dried sage
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1/2 tsp paprika
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup onion, diced
2 apples, cubed
1/2 cup apple juice
1 tbsp coconut oil
1. In a large skillet, heat coconut oil on medium heat.
2. In a small bowl, combine the dried spices. Sprinkle both sides of each porkchop with a little of the spices. There should be some leftover.
3. Cook pork chops in skillet until browned on both sides. Remove from skillet.
4. Add onion and apples to the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes.
5. Mix leftover spices with apple juice. Add pork chops back into skillet.
6. Pour juice into skillet. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes.