This was a delicious meal that I made a few weeks ago when my computer was down. The crisp, spicy meat was so versatile! I did so many things with it. For breakfast, I reheated it in the skillet and topped with eggs to make a scramble. For lunch, I added it to a bed of mixed greens. For dinner, I just ate it as it was.
If you are not a fan of spice, cut back on the jalapenos, or leave out all together.
3-4 cloves of garlic, sliced
2 jalapenos, sliced
1 tbsp oregano
1 tbsp black pepper
1/2 cup sparkling water
1/4 cup orange juice
1. Make slices in the pork shoulder and insert the garlic.
2. Rub with black pepper and oregano on both sides. Place into crockpot. Toss jalapenos on top.
3. Pour orange juice around the sides. Pour in sparkling water.
4. Cook on high for 4 hours.
5. When almost finished, turn oven to broil. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
6. Shred pork. Spread out on parchment lined baking sheet.
7. Broil in oven for 7-10 minutes, stirring/ flipping halfway through.