There is something so simple, yet so satisfying about a side dish like this. Carrots are PACKED with all sorts of great vitamins, beta-carotene, and fiber. They are also a great source of antioxidants. This recipe is topped off with some great sources of fat. It is an all around health packed dish that will make the whole family happy!
Side, yet related note: I typically make these as a part of my meal prep for the week. It is REALLY hard to keep them all week and not just eat them all straight out of the oven. So, heads up… you have been warned.
8 whole carrots or a bag of mini carrots
1 tbsp ghee
2 tbsp walnut oil or coconut oil
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a heat safe dish or cast iron skillet, use oil to coat the bottom of the dish.
3. Wash carrots and add to the dish. Sprinkle black pepper and sea salt on top.
4. Place pieces of the ghee across the top.
5. Place dish in oven and cook for 20 minutes.
6. Take out dish and turn carrots. Place back into the oven and bake another 15-20 minutes.