I love the combination of Chocolate and Peanut Butter. I know that Peanut Butter is not really “Paleo”, but I still enjoy it on occasion. Everything in moderation, right?! I decided this morning to make some chocolate chip peanut butter pancakes because I enjoy special breakfasts on holidays. These pancakes can be made without the chocolate chips and peanut butter. I mean, if you really, really want to… but I suggest you give it a try with because, well chocolate and peanut butter.
1/3 cup coconut milk
2 tbsp coconut oil*, melted and cool
3 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup almond flour
4 tbsp coconut flour
2 tbsp tapioca starch
1/4 cup of chocolate chips
*a little extra coconut oil is needed to grease the skillet
Peanut Butter Topping
2 tbsp peanut butter (or substitute almond butter)
1 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients. Add in the dry ingredients and whisk together.
2. Add chocolate chips and mix together.
3. Heat a skillet on medium heat. Add a little extra coconut oil to the skillet, just enough to have a small layer on the bottom (maybe 1/2 tbsp). Swirl the coconut oil so that it evenly coats the bottom of the skillet.
4. Once the skillet is heated, add 1/3 cup of batter to the pan. Allow to cook for about 2 minutes, until sides are cooked. Flip over and allow to cook another 2 minutes.
5. For the peanut butter topping, in a small saucepan on low heat, combine the ingredients and allow to melt. Drizzle on top of pancakes.