In my quest to create more slow cooker recipes, this has quickly become one of my new favorites. It is packed with flavor and is great topped over some cauliflower rice. I have written it using either almond butter or peanut butter. For those who are Paleo, stick with the almond butter. Peanuts are not really Paleo for a variety of reasons, including the inflammation that legumes (because peanuts are a bean, not a nut). However, some people still love them and enjoy it every once in a while, so no judgement here. Everyone has to make the choice for what is right for them personally. For Friday nights, I like to make mine with peanut butter. It is how I “splurge”… #livinlavidaloca
1 lb of chicken breasts
1 cup coconut milk
3 tbsp honey
2 tbsp lime juice
3/4 cup almond butter or peanut butter
3 tbsp liquid aminos
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (increase to 1/2 if you would like it to be a little spicy)
1 tbsp garlic powder
Optional Toppings: Sliced green onions and chopped almonds
1. Place chicken breasts in the bottom of a slow cooker.
2. In a medium saucepan, over medium/low heat, combine all the ingredients except the chicken. Stir occasionally until everything is well combined and smooth.
3. Pour the sauce on top of the chicken.
4. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
5. Once cooked, shred the chicken with two forks and stir the meat and sauce together inside the ceramic pot.
6. Top with optional chopped almonds and sliced green onions. Serve.or thos