This is going to be a quick post because I have to get this recipe out there to share! It is so delicious! For those who are following a strict Paleo, you can substitute the peanut butter with almond butter or your favorite nut butter. I still keep Peanut Butter in my life because it is Ah-mazing in flavor.
One of my favorite things post workout is to have a chocolate, peanut butter smoothie made with banana. Those three things together are heaven. This recipe is like that, but in muffin form.
I didn’t take a bunch of photos of them. I started eating them immediately.
3 ripe bananas
1/2 cup nut butter of choice
3/4 cup palm sugar
1 egg (beaten)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup almond flour
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a muffin tin with papers.
2. In a stand mixer, or with a hand mixer, combine the bananas, nut butter, palm sugar, egg, and vanilla extract. Mix until everything is smooth.
3. Add in the almond flour and baking powder. Continue to mix.
4. Once everything is mixed, use a spatula to fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Fill the muffin liners about 3/4 full. This recipe made about 16 muffins.
6. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.