Since I cook for one currently, I often have some leftovers that roll into the following week. I try to use these up so that food does not get wasted. Sometimes it can be difficult to buy produce for one. This week’s recipe was inspired by just that… tomatoes! These are a great snack and addition to any meal. They are packed with all sorts of vitamins and minerals, like vitamin A, vitamin K, vitamin c, potassium, and manganese. This recipe is simple, quick, and healthy. Plus, from a presentation perspective, it is super pretty.
1 to 1.5 lbs of chicken breast, cubed
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp ghee
10 oz grape tomatoes, sliced in half
5-6 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
1. In a skillet over medium heat, heat up half of the ghee. Once heated, toss in cubed chicken. Sprinkle with the pepper, salt, and garlic powder. Cook in the skillet, flipping to cook all sides.
2. Once the chicken is no longer pink and white on all sides, about 7 minutes or so, turn up the heat to medium high to allow the chicken to brown.
3. Remove chicken to a plate and set to the side.
4. Turn the heat back down to medium. Add in the other half of the ghee to the skillet.
5. Add in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add in the tomatoes and roast in the skillet for about 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Add the fresh basil. Mix everything together and allow to continue to cook for another minute or two.
7. Finally, add the chicken back in and mix everything together.