Our mission is to encourage kids to develop lifelong skills and healthy habits through accessible and nourishing cooking and sustainable living experiences.
We offer cooking enrichment programs for kids that teach them how to build healthy habits in a holistic, sustainable, and non-restrictive way. We pride ourselves on creating a culture of connection and safety, and bringing an inclusive and supportive environment to all our programs.
Our goal is to offer meaningful support for you and your community. We want to empower the youth, adults, and institutions we serve to feel confident in their own skills and abilities, and we will offer tools and resources to support their individual needs along the way.
Our Founder & Executive Director
In my early years as a nutritionist, I noticed a concerning trend: when discussing food, there was a disproportionate emphasis on weight rather than on overall health. I was determined to convey to both children and adults that the focus of our food choices should be based on the profound impact they have on our ability to be the best versions of ourselves.
To address this issue, I collaborated with community leaders and experts in mindfulness and trauma-informed nutrition. Together, we developed a comprehensive curriculum that offered a holistic approach to cooking and nutrition. My objective was clear: shift the narrative about food from a fixation on calories and restrictions to a celebration of the joy and excitement that can be found in nourishing our bodies.
For the past two decades, I have traveled the globe, learning and teaching health and sustainability through various international programs in nutrition and food security, sustainable living, and farming. I’ve taken that knowledge and experience and dedicated myself to working with schools, communities, farms, and public health departments throughout Southern California.
Through this approach, I take immense pride in having contributed to the transformation of environments in a profound and sustainable manner. With all this, my love of teaching led me to build Little Sprouts Kitchen, a company focused on empowering students with the tools they’ll need to develop long-lasting happy and healthy lifestyles.
My ultimate goal remains unwavering: I am committed to ensuring that the principles of wellness are accessible to everyone, regardless of their age, background, body type, or physical and cognitive level of ability. I firmly believe that a healthy lifestyle should be a source of pleasure and empowerment for everyBODY!
What Makes Us Unique?
Our Cooking Classes offer more than a fun interactive learning and skill building experience. We see cooking as a way to:
- Teach kids to make healthier choices
- Build social connections and cooperation skills
- Develop student leadership skills by taking ownership of their role as chef
- Empower students to explore new flavor combinations and personal preferences
- Practice mindfulness through food sensory experiences
- Explore cultural traditions and historic roots of the food we eat
- Recognize and appreciate the journey our food has taken before it reaches our plate
This pledge is the commitment we make as a business to ensure we have a positive impact on people and the planet, and we put sustainability in the heart of everything we do.
- We promote sustainability across our content with a focus on food waste, meat reduction, and seasonality.
- Our recipes are meat free and support local farms in order to promote health, accessibility, and a sustainable environment.
- We have clear sustainability goals and sourcing standards across our food and non-food materials.
- We offer culturally responsive food experiences for participants of all backgrounds.
- We strive to be leaders in the movement to ensure mindfulness-based practices are accessible to every population.
Download Your FREE Resources
Fill out the form below to immediately download your FREE resources.
"*" indicates required fields